Christ Lutheran’s Faith Formation Ministry will equip & support God’s family
to nurture & pass on faith, & live centered in Christ.
Sunday mornings 9:15-10:15
FAITH TOGETHER is our Intergenerational Sunday School that happens every 1st Sunday of the month. This is a casual, low key group of parents, grandparents, and anyone who wants to pass on his/her faith to others. Our purpose is to equip, support, and encourage each other, as we discover new resources for our “Faith Toolchest.” Feel free to drop in and join the conversation! It’s a great way to discover something new about those we worship with every Sunday!
Adult Faith Formation
Book of Romans facilitated by Pastor Kersten, Room 111
Paul’s letter to the Romans is very different than any of his other letters. Paul addresses many of the important questions that arise when one considers the relationship between God and creation, as well as topics such as salvation and grace. Participants will engage in vibrant discussion around each of these topics in the course.
This 6-session Bible study explores selected passages from the book of Romans. For groups wanting to enhance the study by covering the entire book of Romans, homework and enrichment activities are included in this study.
- What must I do to be saved? (Romans 3:9-31)
- Saved by grace . . . isn’t that too good to be true? (Romans 5:1-11)
- If what I do doesn’t save me, does it matter how I live? (Romans 6:1-23)
- Where is God when we suffer? (Romans 8:18-39)
- How can I keep from singing? (Romans 10:1-21)
- What does God want from us? (Romans 12:1-21)
Faithful Families: Creating Sacred Moments at Home, Red Room
This study identifies four values that are woven through Faithful Families by Traci Smith, and uses them as a framework for discussion. Each lesson features an article (that is free, and online) as well as a Bible passage. Suggested practices from Faithful Families are outlined each week and also used in the closing prayer practice. The four sessions are:
• Faithful Families Value #1: Embrace the Messiness and Imperfection of Life
• Faithful Families Value #2: Fight Against Consumerism and Materialism
• Faithful Families Value #3: Prioritize Time Together
• Faithful Families Value #4: Value Mystery and Accept Doubt
Youth Faith Formation
- During the school year, Faith Formation classes from Pre-K through High School occur regularly from 9:15-10:15 am.
- Opening for the Youth starts at 9:15 in The Commons, then the youth go to their appropriate grade level class.
- 6th-12th graders attend and lead worship on the 3rd Sunday of the month at Trinity Lutheran Nursing Home in Round Rock.
PreK-1st grade: Room 7
2nd-3rd grade: Room 9
Curriculum: Building Faith Brick by Brick
Building Faith Brick by Brick offers a culturally relevant, hands-on way to explore faith stories using Legos, playdough or crayons. The use of “I wonder” questions takes the story to a deeper level for children.
4th-5th grade: Room 112
Curriculum: An Illustrated Compassion: Learning to Love Like God
An Illustrated Compassion turns to scripture and looks for examples of God’s compassion throughout the Bible, and also asks what it might look like for all of us to lead more compassionate lives.
6th-8th grade: Room 116
Our youth in 6th – 8th grade will be having Confirmation classes on Sunday mornings. Over the three year cycle, we will cover Bible, Luther’s Catechism, Lutheran Identity & History, and cover world religions and other denominations.
Please contact Gina Dieringer for more details about our Confirmation program.
9th-12th grade: Foxhole
Faith Lens Bible Study: Weekly Bible studies that engage youth and young adults in connecting world events with the Bible, faith, and everyday life.