What is a Milestone?
A faith milestone is a marker along life’s journey that says, “This is something important and God is here, too.” Marking a milestone is a Biblically-based spiritual practice in both home and congregation, that helps all generations recognize God’s presence in all of life.
Four Elements of a Faith Milestone:
Name it ~ Equip it ~ Bless it ~ Gift it
Milestones we recognize at Christ Lutheran:
Time of Year Milestone Age
- Beginning of Lent Prayer Introduction PreK/Kinder
- Maundy Thursday Agape Feast First Communion K – 5th Grade
- May High School Graduation 12th Grade
- June/July Blessing of Campers school age
- August Blessing of the Backpacks school age
- August Entering Middle School 6th grade
- October Affirmation of Baptism 9th grade
- November Bible Blessing 3rd grade
- Any time Baptism Any age
Baptism, Prayer, 1st Communion, Blessing of Campers, Blessing of Backpacks, Bible Presentation, Entering Confirmation, Affirmation of Baptism (Confirmation), and Graduation.