November 25, 2020
Dear CLC Family,
The COVID Response Team (CRT) met Tuesday evening 11/24 to discuss both Williamson County moving into the ‘red phase’ of their pandemic response and Bishop Sue Briner’s (Bishop of the Southwestern Texas Synod) letter urging congregations in the synod to suspend in-person worship at least through the end of the year. When considering these together with the sharp increase in case rates, the CRT voted unanimously to comply with Bishop Sue’s request and has suspended in-person worship through at least the end of the year. The letter from Bishop Sue is attached below for your reference.
To echo the sentiment expressed by Bishop Sue in her letter, our decision was not made lightly. It was made out of care for the members of our congregational family, those staff members that work hard to provide a worship experience, and love for our neighbors. We still remain committed to providing worship, spiritual growth, and faith formation opportunities and encourage you to participate with us in some or all of them.
From the Staff and Council of CLC, we wish you a very happy thanksgiving as well as a happy and healthy holiday season, filled with warmth and joy, grace and peace, safety and comfort, family and friends, and the grace of God, from whom all blessings flow.
Blessings & Peace,
The COVID Response Team
9:30 AM – Live stream ONLY worship
Sunday Worship videos will be made available to watch on our YouTube channel and on our website. Links to videos will be shared through Constant Contact email. All other announcements, decisions, and additional spiritual growth and faith formation suggestions and opportunities will also be shared through Constant Contact.
We have several opportunities for you to continue your giving which include:
- Electronic giving at through this website's GIVE page.
- Using billpay service through your online banking account
- Mail in your offering to PO Box 895, Georgetown, TX 78627
Communication is very important at this time so please ensure:
- We have your current email on file.
- You join our CLC Facebook Group. Search Facebook for Christ Lutheran Georgetown TX and submit your request to join.
- You call the office if you don’t currently receive regular church emails such as the weekly announcements.
- You share the names of members that are not able to access electronic notifications if you know of any.
We wish you all God’s blessings & peace,
Pastor Paul Kersten
Here are some resources if you wish to find additional information: